Horse Mats or Road Fabric instead of Weed Fabric
My yard is landscaped with small dogs in mind to include a dog run 1.5 feet x 170 feet along perimeter of fence. It has a commercial weed barrier with ÃÂ¾ minus gravel on top but after 3 years the weeds are proliferating again. I cannot use chemicals as it may damage surrounding landscape. I thought of redoing this but using road fabric instead OR just putting down horse or kennel matting. Some questions if you will:
Do you believe this will do a better/longer job than comercial weed fabric? Will it drain?
Horse or Kennel Mats:
1) Will it need to be installed on a slope? That is where will all the rain and other water go?
2) What about mold and mildew?
3) Is it available in a light color? I imagine black can get quite hot.
4) What about traction, is this slippery?
5) What about bugs? I know earwigs love to crawl under things so will I possibly be creating another problem?