Warning, this isn't a hit and run
I'm hoping with a fresh start I can streamline the dialogue with this garden/landscape design.
Hopefully this format is easier to read.
1) Striking a balance between plant collecting and creating flowing complimenting beds.
2) I'm focusing on three areas that I'm not quite happy with.
3) Working on an irregular lot that pies out wide at the back but narrows toward the front. Overall a wide lot but not very deep.
1) Design a garden, not an outdoor space
2) Create a nestled, private garden (majority of perimeter plantings are screening conifers)
3) Grassy areas serve as an area to A) Space for dog to run around B) Small path like areas for children to run around
4) Create diversity through plant species, texture, color and habit
5) Gardening is my hobby so I have a need to care and maintain plants
What am I hoping to get out of this?
1) I hope you kind folks can get me thinking outside of "my" box
2) Its tough to state all the facts so please ask questions!
3) I love critism and I promise to keep the dialogue going.
4) I'm not looking to redesign this but enhance what I have (see #1 under My challenge).
5) I understand this may not be to some folk's taste so I'm hoping you can think outside "your" box
Here is a little dialogue when I originally started:
1) The actual lines are much smoother, porportionate and pleasing as this is a hand drawn interpretation.
2) The arrows represent water flow. All areas are either not of concern or have been addressed.
3) I've included multiple views to incorporate the three dimensional perspective of the landscape.
More pics to follow of the back and side yards.