Corner Fence plants ideas

jyan3February 22, 2013

Hi,
I have a serious rabbit problem. I attached chicken wire to the fence but I have a corner where the rabbits passed through. One of the sides of the corner is a common area so I am not allow to put chicken wire. I replaced some of the plants I had with Garlic and it seems that is working. I have not seen any rabbit passing through. The problem is that it does not look pretty. I would appreciate any ideas to give this place a better look keeping the garlic. I live in southern California and this corner gets only few hours of sun in the morning.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden_crazy(z5 N IL)

In my garden, rabbits zero in on certain plants, For me it is only a problem in the spring when the plants are small. Once they get over 18" tall or so, they are too tall for the rabbits. -In the spring I sprinkle dried blood a/k/a blood meal around the plants the rabbits go after. I reapply it every other week or after any sizable rain. Once everything grows up a bit I don't seem to have further problems. The dried bood is effective for me though. -There are also rabbit repellent sprays available as well.
Good Luck -GC

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 11:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katew1

You can find a lot more ideas at Sprinklerman Cove Landscape.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 1:24AM
More Discussions
Help with paint colors and landscaping please!
Please help me create a home from this tiny house!...
H
Need dog fencing layout tips for homestead
We just bought a place on nearly 4 acres that has no...
tracefacemsu
Looking for front of house ideas
We recently moved into this house. It was a new construction...
jsandlin0803
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™