Corner Fence plants ideas

jyan3February 22, 2013

Hi,
I have a serious rabbit problem. I attached chicken wire to the fence but I have a corner where the rabbits passed through. One of the sides of the corner is a common area so I am not allow to put chicken wire. I replaced some of the plants I had with Garlic and it seems that is working. I have not seen any rabbit passing through. The problem is that it does not look pretty. I would appreciate any ideas to give this place a better look keeping the garlic. I live in southern California and this corner gets only few hours of sun in the morning.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden_crazy(z5 N IL)

In my garden, rabbits zero in on certain plants, For me it is only a problem in the spring when the plants are small. Once they get over 18" tall or so, they are too tall for the rabbits. -In the spring I sprinkle dried blood a/k/a blood meal around the plants the rabbits go after. I reapply it every other week or after any sizable rain. Once everything grows up a bit I don't seem to have further problems. The dried bood is effective for me though. -There are also rabbit repellent sprays available as well.
Good Luck -GC

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 11:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katew1

You can find a lot more ideas at Sprinklerman Cove Landscape.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 1:24AM
More Discussions
Brick Patio from Salvaged bricks
I came by about 600 nice clean used bricks for free...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Can a new wood fence be moved?
I recently purchased a house with a newly installed...
dyhgarden
Privacy for Small Yard - Help!
Hi All! First time poster - LONG TIME reader! I'm in...
rsislow
seeking creative solution to pine root damage in driveway
Hello, My neighbor has some large pines which are on...
gardnergal
Coordinating Trees with Neighbors
Anyone think about how to coordinate front yard trees...
edlincoln
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™