Yellow Provence Pea Plant

LindsayConradApril 4, 2014

This is the first time I have tried to grow Provence Peas in containers from seed. I have had a hard time germinating the seeds but ive found that soaking them prior to planting has increased my success. I am using the same bag of medium for all of my pots (HP mycorrhizae); and all the seeds are from the same packet. Some of the plants are beautiful; they are strong, green and growing well. But my newest one has emerged very yellow and pale (almost see-through). Though it's a strange color, It's growing well and shows no signs of dying. What would cause only one of my peas to do this? It cant be soil bourne because the others are fine. It could be over-watered... so if thats the case will it turn the proper color when the soil dries out a bit? Any tips, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you and Happy spring to everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ohiofem(6a Ohio)

Can you post a photo? It may be an albino, in which case, it will die. Or it could be too much water, poor drainage or not enough fertilizer. It doesn't sound like a disease, but we need a photo to help diagnose the problem.

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 10:37AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LindsayConrad

Ok... the medium has started to dry out and the baby is starting to change to green. Im pretty sure that ive been over watering them in an attempt to keep them moist before they sprout. Thank you... and next time ill post a picture with my question. :)

This post was edited by LindsayConrad on Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 12:05

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 10:56AM
More Discussions
Affordable but Good Looking Containers?
I have a few areas of my garden that are just container...
kjmm1
Indoor vegetables and 5-1-1
I'm growing vegetables indoors in containers. Is the...
gardev
anything you wanted to talk about vii - prolly mostly ot
I guess I didn't realize the last thread was about...
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)
CONTAINER SOILS - WATER MOVEMENT and RETENTION XXII
Hello! Houzz's new format has presented some challenges,...
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)
Reusing infested soil
Last year, my outdoor container-grown kale suffered...
SighBorg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™