solar deck railing lights

saturn1956(6)March 7, 2011

Looking for a link to buy solar deck railing lights,no luck at big box stores. Don't have to be top rated ones just decorative and bright

Saturn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grullablue(5)

I looked stuff like that up quite awhile back...if you just google "deck lighting" or "solar deck lights" a TON of sites come up! There were even websites specifically for deck lighting, or solar lights. I was amazed at the things they've come up with!

Angie

Bookmark   March 24, 2011 at 8:39AM
marcinde(7)

I think you'll have no trouble finding ones that are decorative, but bright? Doubtful. The sad reality is that the technology just isn't there for solar lights that do much more than create a blue dot that's half a degree less dark than the surrounding inky darkness.

Hard-wired low voltage is still the way to go, and they've finally rolled out LED lamps that give decent light (both output and color). It's a little more work, but worth it. I told my little brother over and over, don't get the stupid solar lights. As is his wont he did, and he curses them every night.

Bookmark   March 24, 2011 at 9:24AM
grullablue(5)

I agree. I gave up on solar lights myself. I was just reading a landscape decorating book I picked up at the library where they talked about how to hook up outdoor lighting, and it looks quite simple if you have an outlet nearby....and for railing lights, the wire could be run right underneath the railing, probably not even being visible! We'll be getting a railing on our deck this spring and I'd like to put some lights in...but I won't be going solar.

Bookmark   March 24, 2011 at 9:40AM
More Discussions
Brick Patio from Salvaged bricks
I came by about 600 nice clean used bricks for free...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Wind, sun and what best fits my backyard
Hi everyone! Please ignore the grass situation, will...
Bama_Joe
Ditched my landscaper - yellow pine choice
Going to my local Camellia expert's nursery and just...
Bama_Joe
garden design ideas for a raised brick flower bed.
Every year I try with all my might to do something...
midwestmelissa
need help regrading
hi, currently the mulch surrounding my home foundation...
mishyq
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™