Landscape Ideas

shannan_ohMarch 26, 2012

I have a long white vinyl fence that surrounds a patio and pool. There are small Emerald Arborvitae at every post. I would like to plant something that would give me lots of color against the fence. It is an east exposure but because of our house gets 3-4 hours of direct sun per day. I really like (should I say LOVE) hydrangeas and have an area that I have about 5 nearby. Would that be too many? The space I have is about 2 by 3-4 ft. I had daylillies there but they didn't do that well and required lots of care to keep them blooming.

I'd appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have. I have a picture but wasn't sure how to post it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Johnsp(6b)

Hi Shannon'orites
, To answer your question it would depend on the type of Hydrangas you use. The mophead forms tend to be a bit smaller than other Hydranges. One of my favorites however is Annabelle. A new cultivar of Annabelle now widely available is called "Incrediball". I wouldn't plant more than two of these but you could underplant with annuals each year to compliment the white Hydranga flowers if you like.

Scott

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 5:10PM
More Discussions
Spacing for Armstrong Maple and Crimson Spire Oak
I plan to provide height to the borders of my backyard...
Bob Sislow
Need help building a retaining wall
Hi all this is my first post so I hope I can get some...
jeffboyardeee
Do any of you see any red flags with this design?
We got a landscape design for our new yard that we...
TyBarr
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
dmo12240
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™