Curly leaves with brown spots on zucchini and cucumbers

Maxim1122March 26, 2014

Hey, I've started zucchinis and cucumbers rom seed indoors, and since I've moved them outdoors, they have started to get leaf damage.
The cucumbers got powdery mildew so I sprayed the leaves with baking soda and dish soap solution, and I also sprayed the solution on the zucchinis to make sure they don't get powdery mildew. And both the cucumbers and zucchinis got that leaf damage as shown in the image. Can someone tell me what is that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Homemade sprays when mixed or used incorrectly or as some sort of preventative when a problem doesn't even exist yet usually do more harm than good. And that is if they even work when there IS a problem. That is the case here.

Baking soda and dish soap solution are 2 separate solutions used for different problems and have to be very carefully mixed in exactly the right proportions to avoid plant damage. You don't give the recipe you used so who knows if it is correct or not.

Unfortunately too many folks think that because it is homemade it must be safe to use. Not true. And that if a little is good then a lot must be better. Also not true.

Leave it alone and it will outgrow the damage done.

Dave

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 1:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maxim1122

OK thanks Dave!

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
fertilizer for tomatoes
are tomatoes heavy feeders ? some say fertilize other...
westlaketomatoqueen
I don't remember what I planted.
This is my first year gardening and I can't seem to...
riggem
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
gridgardener
Where is the sweet potato post?
Someone on here wanted to know if sweet potatoes would...
zzackey
Overcrowded Container? - cukes (HELP!)
Hi there! New to this forum and was hoping someone...
Lyndsay3228
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™