WANTED: Apple Scions

JoppaRich(7b)April 22, 2014

I planted 30 geneva 30 rootstocks this spring. I was told that it would be fine to plant these in the spring, and then graft them later in the summer when they'd settled in and were growing.
Unfortunately I didn't realize that I should get the scions a month ago and keep them in cold storage. I figured they'd be available later. (new to this and all, don't know any better)

So, I'm looking for scions for trade, for sale, for cost of shipping, whatever. All of the online places seem to be shut down for the year. Its a lot of trees, so I'm not looking for anything specific at this point - I'm sure there's plenty of fantastic apples that I've never tried.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KarenPA_6b

I have a lot of fuji and a few honeycrisp if you want. All I ask is that you reimburse me for shipping. I can send you 50 stems from my fuji tree but they have already begun to leaf out. If you want it fast, I guess you should consider having them sent priority mail.

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 2:31PM
infiniteohms

I can offer Dudley Winter, WInter Fameuse and Milden.

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 7:19AM
chrisware(5-6 wv)

I would wait and graft next year, after your root stock has really had a chance to develope a powerful root system so that they can really pump the juice up to the grafts. We graft apples and pears, and always wait at least a year with rootstock.

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 9:49PM
More Discussions
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check a member's profile page, you will see...
Tamara
passion fruit
anyone have the edible passion fruit vine.... passiflora...
mamcc2
Wanted: asiatic lilies and tulip bulbs
Hello. Im looking for asiatic lilies and bright colored...
ericmd01
Trade
I am looking for jasmine cuttings, rooted rose cuttings...
guinnevtra
Have: grape hyacinth bulbs
I got these from mail order as a free gift. I allready...
tamela_star
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™