Greetings from the SF Garden Show

deviant-deziner(Oh zone)March 23, 2012

The grand displays are set up and the market place is overflowing with plant vendors and people purchasing trolley's full of plants and garden tools.

This is the first year since the show has been under new management that they have offered a "Small Garden Space" area. Each small space garden is 4'x8 feet. About the size of a sheet of plywood or a townhouse condo balcony.

There are 10 of these gardens and range in style from country cottage, a city balcony , a mixed up mash of recycled rusted cans tied together with shoe strings and a scraggly little thyme plant to a couple of nice contemporary small spaces.

Below are two photos. The beautifully composed and infocused photograph was taken by famed garden photographer Saxon Holt. his web site http://www.saxonholt.com/index.php

From 2012 garden show

the photo below is taken during installation.

From 2012 garden show

I'll try to get some shots of some of the other small space gardens as well today.

enjoy the weekend, and if you are attending the show, please stop by and say hello.

michelle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
melvalena

I hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for showing those of us too far away to attend the interesting stuff.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 12:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Love it and looking forward to more photos. Can we ask how you lighted upon those exact colors for the boxes and background? I may repaint the living room.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 12:58AM
More Discussions
need help regrading
hi, currently the mulch surrounding my home foundation...
mishyq
Do any of you see any red flags with this design?
We got a landscape design for our new yard that we...
TyBarr
Need help building a retaining wall
Hi all this is my first post so I hope I can get some...
jeffboyardeee
Privacy for Small Yard - Help!
Hi All! First time poster - LONG TIME reader! I'm in...
rsislow
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
dmo12240
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™