Newbie to containers--might need soil operation

TenmaruMay 15, 2013

Hi all,

i'm a newbie to gardening in general and because of space I'm doing container gardening. I have some tomatoes, peppers, and herbs. I also have a huge container that I'm hoping to get a melon or two out of--they are currently sprouting well.

In any case, I was looking around and I find something about Miracle Gro Organic soil not being used in containers. I'm almost positive I bought the Garden Soil that, as I now see, should not be used in the containers.

I had planted only last week to two weeks ago. Is there any sort of "operation" I can do, short of wasting all that money and buying new soil? Can I take out my plants, mix in half new appropriate soil, and replant?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fireduck(10a)

T...the issue with most experts here is drainage. Many (most) of the store bought mixes are organic that have small particles that clog/waterlog. You can grow in your Miracle gro and have success. However, read past posts here and do it differently in the future. I have been accumulating ingredients for my 1-1-1 and 5-1-1 mixes. There is a lot to learn and differing opinions here.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
aphid issue + not many predators
Hello, dear Container G people!!! So, let me know if...
Need2SeeGreen
Help with 5:1:1
Some lol-basic questions about quantities needed for...
containergardenerbeginner
Can anyone predict future of this coconut tree?
its been around 6 months since I have potted this local...
amriteanukul112
Type of kale... Also, shiny metallic flakes?
Hey, my friend gave me some kale seeds from her plants...
Josie Murray
Meyer Exploding in 5-1-1
My meyer lemon in 5-1-1 is just going nuts right now....
Jay Part Shade (Zone 10B, S21, Los Angeles)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™