WANTED: Wanted: Jerusalem Artichoke

Ornery_Pony(7b)April 18, 2014

I'm interested to know if anyone on this forum has, or knows of someone who has, Jerusalum Artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus) and may be willing to make a trade?

If you have some you might be willing to spare a few tubers for me to start my own patch, let me know what is on your wanted list you are looking for!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ronmason(8)

Hi, I too would love to trade something for Jerusalem Artichoke. How 'bout takin' a look at my have and want list. Maybe we could make a trade.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 5:36PM
lorabell NC(8)

Hi,
I've some jerusalem artichokes that I can spare. Last year they got over 8 ft tall...I'm in nc so comparable weather. I'm always looking for heuchera, heucherella, terella, black hosta ,or anything unique. Throw me an email.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 8:25AM
Ornery_Pony(7b)

Thank you all, but I found some! I asked my mother-in-law in Atlanta to check Whole Foods and Harry's (both higher end grocery stores) if Jerusalem Artichoke or 'Sunchokes' were sold by the pound in the produce section. Apparently they are and she got me a couple of pounds very cheaply.

I'll soak and scrub them as I do ginger to remove any rooting inhibitor and get them a try.

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
Have: grape hyacinth bulbs
I got these from mail order as a free gift. I allready...
tamela_star
WANTED colocasia pinapple princess
Lost this one a few years ago and it seems to have...
miketropic
WANTED: Kudzu Wanted
Looking for kudzu cuttings in exchange for the following: catnip...
AndreaFarmer
Wanted: Woodland fern cuttings
Looking for woodland fern, lady in red, any ferns that...
dawnkelsch13
WANTED. elephant ear
would love elephant ear tubers of any kind. I have...
mamcc2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™