I have hundreds of Daffodils to trade

mpalermoApril 18, 2012

Anyone want daffodils? I have tons of them, both yellow and white.

I'm looking for fruits that are hearty in zone 7.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

Would love them both, as many as you can spare. See my trade list and let me know what you would consifer for a trade. Don't have any fruit. Still hope we can trade. Sending e-mail. Thank you, Marsha

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 11:24PM
trish_ca(CA 8)

I am interested. Please look at my trade list.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 2:37AM
angel2008

I would be very interested in them as well, but dont have alot to trade. PLEASE let me know.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 2:26PM
mpalermo

I have plenty to go around for all of you. I'm pretty new to to gardening, so I'd like to ask for your help/suggestions with this trade...

I don't know what most of the plants are in your trade lists. I could go through and Google each one individually, but that would take a while considering the size of your lists. Instead, if you guys could suggest/recommend a couple from your lists that would be helpful. I like fruits the most, but other than that, I am looking for colorful flowers that are hearty in zone 7. Ideally, they would have flowers for as long as possible.

Also, about sending the daffodils... They have already grown and bloomed in my area. Would you recommend that I cut the stalks down and send as little as possible with the bulbs, or would it be better to send then entire plant as-is with the bulbs?

Again, I'm new to this type of thing, so let me know what you would normally do.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 4:38PM
angel2008

You have mail...:)

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 8:17AM
apoppyfield(8)

Hi Doc Matt man,

Just chiming in as I've raised a lot of daffodills. If you can keep them in the ground until the folliage dies back, they will dry out like onions. That's the best time to send, making them most viable for next year. Are your daffs mostly the large yellow type? If you have anything unnusual, I might be up for a trade too.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 9:50AM
mpalermo

They are mostly yellow, but I do have white ones too. The problem is that right now, they have all bloomed and lost their flowers so I can't tell which are yellow and which are white. Is there a way to tell without seeing the flower?

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Rudbeckia maxima, Asclepias
Would like to set up a spring trade for Rudbeckia maxima,...
lovesblooms
New site ...where is the SEARCH button?
...can't seem to find it...help? ~Sandy
sandy_village
WANTED: Kudzu Wanted
Looking for kudzu cuttings in exchange for the following: catnip...
AndreaFarmer
WANTED. elephant ear
would love elephant ear tubers of any kind. I have...
mamcc2
passion fruit
anyone have the edible passion fruit vine.... passiflora...
mamcc2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™