WANTED: Opuntia Xoconostle / joconostle

jedo2May 16, 2013

Hey anyone, I am looking for the prickly pear opuntia Xoconostle/ joconostle. It comes from Hidalgo, Mexico and produces a sour fruit with seeds pitted in the center unlike typical tunas. I know they sell the fruit in many different Mexican grocers here in the states. I am actually looking for cuttings. I thought living here in Texas It would not be hard to find someone who has a plant, but no luck at all. If anyone knows where I could find this or company that is actually growing it as a crop for fruit here in the states, please let me know. I have a small collection of large padded spineless opuntias that are cold hardy and nice looking if anyone is interested in trading. Thanks
Email me direct for pics, jeaners127@gmail.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
senjanevada(9)

I used seach engine to find out what it looks like. I have several opuntina, but none of that.

I live in Hi-desert, many cacti, many opuntia. So, I keep my eye open and grab one when I see it and let you know.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 9:07PM
jedo2

Thank you! I have started collecting different types of opuntias. I tend to stick to large padded types, with or without spines, that are unique to certain geographical areas. Let me know if you have something considered rare in your area. Thanks

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 12:59AM
LuckyDurazno(9)

I have two different kinds. can you upload the opuntias you have for trade?

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
French Tarragon - Edmonds
Anyone want some French Tarragon? I have a 4ft by...
plantmgr24
HAVE: Arisaema proboscideum (mouse plant)
These Arisaema proboscideum had multiplied so much...
bunnynomnom
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap Portland, OR area)
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
HAVE CRINUM LILY
I have some extra CRINUM lilies, I would like to trade...
mamcc2
WANTED: Weeping Willow Cuttings...trade/or pay for postage
Need a few cuttings that I can start and grow in Zone...
happytomato2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™