Help landscape bi-level/split

heathermismeApril 24, 2013

I'm embarrassed to even be posting this pic, but can someone help me photoshop (or whatever it's called) some plants, shrubs, etc? I was thinking of making a curvy border from in front of he steps down to the sidewalk along the driveway and planting with hostas and flowers. Also need help with shrubs (?) for in front of windows. Please let me know if you need more info; I'm not really sure where to begin! Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

Notes on drawing. Can't see much detail where the red arrows point. (hope you can read my writing.)

This post was edited by Yardvaark on Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 17:35

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 5:31PM
heathermisme

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I especially like the idea of the multi-trunk tree. That is an area I've struggled with. You make it look so easy; you must do this for a living. I have a hard time envisioning (obviously).

As a side note, how did you write notes on the image. I would like to do that but don't need anything so advanced like photoshop. I'm using either a Mac or ipad mini.

Anyway, thanks again! So nice of you to take the time to help.

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 9:44AM
yardvaark

You're welcome and yes I do it for a living. Paste a photo into Microsoft Paint then you can draw and write all over it. Better with touchscreen and stylus. Can't say what program would be equivalent for a Mac, but surely there's one. Also, various "paint" programs online.

For multi-trunk tree look for shrubs that can grow 10' height and have a personality you like.

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 8:29PM
More Discussions
Do any of you see any red flags with this design?
We got a landscape design for our new yard that we...
TyBarr
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
Can a new wood fence be moved?
I recently purchased a house with a newly installed...
dyhgarden
What can I put here for privacy
I bought this house 18 months ago and I'm not certain...
Carlton Clay
Privacy for Small Yard - Help!
Hi All! First time poster - LONG TIME reader! I'm in...
rsislow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™