bucket heads

terrybullMay 22, 2012

ive heard and seen aot of people growing tomatoes and stuff in self watering 5 gal buckets but i havent seen the finished result. does anyone have photos of the final product?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
howelbama(7 NJ)

Terrybull,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but these kids have done quite a bit with the bucket idea...

link is below...

Here is a link that might be useful: global buckets

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 9:32PM
suburbangardenMD(7)

Just search SWC, or SWC mix, theres a thread on here with some really nice pictures of both earthtainers in use as well as buckets...lots of buckets!

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 10:02PM
terrybull

i know earthtainers and my own swc's but i want too see is a full blown swc "bucket". i've seen them in the start up/mid season but no final product. the grandeoso.

howelbama, i have been watching the g. bucket guys for awhile, and very nice what they have done. i just thought if there was someone on here that could show there success.

ray has shown some impressive photos and i have shown a few. i would like a 6 foot plant in a bucket with fruit.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 10:50PM
howelbama(7 NJ)

the pics of the watermelons they have in the yellow buckets on the g buckets site are pretty impressive, but I could not find much detail on them. Also, those buckets look like they may be larger than the standard five gallon bucket, but maybe that's just the photo angle... i too would like to see a large plant being grown in a five gallon with nice fruit on it. i would imagine those watermelon getting very rootbound and suffering as a result in a five gallon bucket...

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 11:43PM
terrybull

howelbama, those watermelons are impressive. last year in my 100gal swc i had 2 giant pumpkins. one was 128lbs and the other was 115lbs and they would drink over 30 gals of water a day. o'well maybe theres a bucket guy/gal that has something to show. ;)

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 9:23AM
More Discussions
RE: Introductory post-C.S-W.M&RXXI 1-27-15
Hi everyone, In my very 1st post, I described how by...
halocline
PVC liner OK for growing food?
A contractor friend of mine made me a planter box to...
gourdo1
Cor-ten planters safe for growing edibles?
I'd like to grow some edibles but the best sun is in...
midwestgal67
To find popular threads try this...
When you are looking for popular threads from the GW...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
CONTAINER SOILS - WATER MOVEMENT and RETENTION XXII
Hello! Houzz's new format has presented some challenges,...
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™