Removed Pool - Parts Reuse Ideas

gwraceApril 16, 2013

We've maintained a 33 foot above ground pool for the last 12 years and this year decided to take it down. We have recycled as much of the old pool as possible but are left with a large aluminum deck and the associated fencing and posts. Since I'm an avid gardener we plan to return the pool area to good top soil and a compost mix. (back to eden) The deck stands about 5 feet in the air on long legs that actually rested on the top rail of the pool. I already have a green house with a fenced in garden area. I was just trying to figure out if the deck could be reused for anything practical. It wasn't cheap to buy. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maureeninmd(z6 MD)

Try the garden junk forum. I am not calling your deck "junk", but the folks there might have some ideas for you.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 10:08AM
yardvaark

You should post a good picture of it since words don't convey very well what it is you're dealing with.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 10:47AM
gardengal48

Or advertise it for sale on craigslist. I swear some folks spend their entire life just cruising craigslist sales for bargains!

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 1:58PM
marcinde(7)

call your local scrapyard to see what aluminum is getting right now. There's a reason CNC shops keep every scrap and sliver.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
Privacy for Small Yard - Help!
Hi All! First time poster - LONG TIME reader! I'm in...
rsislow
Show Me Your Small Private Backyard Landscaping
Looking for picture-based examples of up to a 1/4 acre...
Bob Sislow
To fence or not to fence
Greetings, I live in a heavily wooded area. My wife...
rick777
What can I put here for privacy
I bought this house 18 months ago and I'm not certain...
Carlton Clay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™