Patio Building Question
I'm planning to build a patio this spring using large patio stones (18 x 18).
From my experience, here is how I would go about doing it:
1. Dig out a base roughly 4" deep, making it as level as possible.
2. Level it using first a base of regular dirt fill, and compacting where required.
3. Add a second base using stone dust, and compact. Ensure this base is perfectly level and completely compacted.
4. Lay the patio stones to the required dimensions (in my case, it will be a simple rectangle, 12(w) x 25(l)
5. Sweep paver sand into the cracks when finished and let it settle for a day or two. Repeat where necessary.
Am I missing anything here, or does this look like an ok plan?
Thanks for your help,