Landscape Design help

gardeningmom1April 24, 2014

I'm currently working on redesigning my front garden (southern exposure) areas. I had previously always just thrown things in that I liked with no design in mind. Now I'm realizing how bad that was, and I see these beautiful gardens with clumps of the same plants/flowers in them and so this year I want to redesign them. The long area in this pic will have tumbled Belgian edgers that I'm currently working on installing. The plants in this bed are iris and mums, and I can't remember what the builder said the tree/shrub thing is. I want to expand the bed, at least covering the area where our dog has burned the grass and eventually planting in that area (will post another pic of the area too). I just don't know how to curve the area, and I think I want it to curve around the outside of the sidewalk and then stop, and then do something in the corner between the driveway and the sidewalk (if that makes sense), but we have a sprinkler head there so not sure what I can put there. And any help with what to put in my front flower bed that is between the front steps and the garage would be helpful too. I know what I like when I see it, but can't start a project to save my life!
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardeningmom1

Picture of front view of house. This was what it originally looked like, we took out almost everything that was here and moved it other places.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 12:17PM
gardeningmom1

And the front area between the garage and the steps.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 12:21PM
emmarene

It is strange that your house faces south yet you have no tree in the yard.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 2:52PM
gardeningmom1

There is actually a tree outside the window on the left, about half way to the street. And there is also one on the other side of the driveway. I hadn't noticed that those weren't in there. I eventually want to maybe do an island garden to get another tree, but waiting to see on that because I don't want to block the view of my front door with a big tree.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
garden design ideas for a raised brick flower bed.
Every year I try with all my might to do something...
midwestmelissa
Ditched my landscaper - yellow pine choice
Going to my local Camellia expert's nursery and just...
Bama_Joe
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
Privacy for Small Yard - Help!
Hi All! First time poster - LONG TIME reader! I'm in...
rsislow
Looking for front of house ideas
We recently moved into this house. It was a new construction...
jsandlin0803
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™