Beeries doing well so far............

prestons_garden(9B SZ 22 HZ 6 SoCal)May 5, 2011

Finally getting closer to the yields I desire, though it did not come easy.

Sunshine Blueberry pH-4.6 using elemental sulfur. It has been 3 months and still a very stable pH.

Boysenberry which always brings a smile, yum. Growing in a 18-Gal container on 6 canes.

Triplecrown Blackberry also in a 18-Gal container with 2 canes. A slower starter than the next door neighbor boysenberry.

All plants pictured above use organic fertilizers, such as fish and kelp in a liquid form.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
prestons_garden(9B SZ 22 HZ 6 SoCal)

An updated report:

Time to start picking.......

A decent size Boysenberry using a new organic fertilizer

Triple Crown Blackberry

Blueberries still growing strong

The Tomato plant just had to get in one of the shots

Again folks, you can grow 100% organics in containers. No synthetic fertilizers used in any of the plants pictured above. Why go through all the trouble to figure out a way to make it work with 100% organics? The answer is simple. I want the best tasting fruit, highest yields and something safe for my family to eat.

Ron

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 6:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oakiris

MMMMMMMMMM...Beeries! (Sorry Ron, your typo made me grin, and then I got thirsty; unfortunately, I'm at work. :-( )

Your plants look very healthy and it looks as if you will be getting a great crop of fruit. I am hoping to grow some blueberry bushes in containers here in Colorado - the alkaline soil here is a no-go for planting blueberries in the ground - so your experience is encouraging. Of course, I will have the added problem of figuring out how to overwinter the plants, but I am sure I will manage.

Holly

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
gritty mix modification question
Sorry, I had a response to this question before but...
briana_2006
fertilizing cuttings ?
Hello - I have some fig cuttings in 60% perlite/40%...
briana_2006
Reusing infested soil
Last year, my outdoor container-grown kale suffered...
SighBorg
Culinary Herbs?
I need to buy some culinary herbs. Where is the best...
sharbear50
CRF burn if 5-1-1 sits a while?
I have some 5-1-1 that was fully made, including CRF...
hairmetal4ever
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™