Has anyone used EcoSmart Insect Killer on Vegetable Plants?

NoRoom2GrowMay 3, 2012

So far, I just see mosquitoes ants and Carpenter Ants crawling around my containers.

I was wondering if its okay to use this product on Tomato, Pepper & Cucumber Plants?

Only ones blooming are Jalapenos so far.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DaMonkey007(10b - Miami)

I've used it, and I hated it. I found it expensive and ineffective. It gave me rashes for one, and I found the phototoxicity of the product to be unpredictable. I use neem (100 percent cold pressed please) w/ murphy's oil soap & water once per week and I also keep a quart bottle of water, 70% alcohol, and murphy's oil soap around for knock down during the week, if needed. We struggle with whiteflies and leaf miners in my locale so my regime may be irrelevant to your particular needs, but it works well enough for me.

PJ

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 9:27AM
Ohiofem(6a Ohio)

NR2G: I have used something similar with citrus oils and various herbs in it and in burned many of my seedlings even though I used it late in the day. I don't know where you are having problems with ants and mosquitoes, but whether it's inside or out, neither insect will hurt your plants. Different pesticides work for them. Ant traps containing boric acid are safe and don't come in contact with people, pets or plants. Mosquitoes are best dealt with by using mosquito dunks (BT) to kill their larvae where they are breeding. Be careful to choose pesticides that really target the insect that is actually causing damage to your plants.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 10:25AM
Rod.rico

if spray-on insecticides are not your thing, then maybe move over to using granular insect killer

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
meyer lemon tree leaves yellowing
I have a meyer lemon tree and I brought it in for the...
mlmib
zone 9 or so best roses for containers
what are your best roses for container gardening
zippity1
Long Term Potting Mix Recipe - Alternative to Gritty Mix
Hi everyone, I'm a new gardener from Perth, Western...
arcan
Help with 1:1:1 - weight and sourcing in the UK
I've just clicked that weight is going to be an issue...
containergardenerbeginner
Help! My kumqat is dying
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some help related...
bashchelik
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™