Dwarf Tomato Containers? And other stuff...
I have never grown dwarfs and now I have three (sleeping lady, red robin and summertime green). I read online that they can be grown in 2 gallon containers but that seems terribly small. What size container should I grow them in?
Also, I have a Mexico midget that I'm debating on growing in a container - can anyone recommend a size? I am a bit of a novice when it comes to containers though I've been doing it (in addition to in-ground gardening) for a few years. I have my soil (Al's) and my fertilizer (Osmocote slow release) down but other than that, I am clueless. How often do I fertilize?
I have some peppers too, hot and sweet - can I grow them in 2 gallon pots? What size would you recommend? And eggplants?
I am a student and have a lot of time so constant watering is not an issue.
Here are all my questions for ease of answering (and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU in advance!):
1. What size containers should I grow dwarf tomatoes in?
2. What size container would you recommend for full-size indeterminate tomatoes?
3. What size containers would you recommend for sweet (bell) peppers?
4. What size containers would you recommend for hot peppers?
5. What size containers would you recommend for eggplants (Casper, black beauty)?
6. After the initial application of slow release fertilizer (Osmocote), how often should I fertilize and how?
Thank you so much, again. I looked through the FAQs but didn't find anything on dwarfs and then figured I'd just assault you with all my questions at once.