Today's Visitor~ Share whats happening in your garden~ :-)

jojosplants(9/ Tucson, Az.)June 27, 2011

The first of my son's sunflowers have bloomed! :-) This one is called Jr. Hybrid, and it only grows to be 18" tall! I love it and the flower is about 1 1/2" across. As soon as it opened, we had a visitor. :-)

Please join me and share what's happening in your garden.

Pets, family and friends are always welcome too . :-)

JoJo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Azinine(7b)

Total noob to the forum and gardening in general. Love the sight!

Here are a few of my container garden; mostly SWCs...

Sugar Baby watermelon in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 3 weeks ago. It has probably tripled in size.

Okra in an 18 gallon SWC. Planted from seed approximately 5 weeks ago. Lost one of the seedlings to a bird, so now left with 7 plants :(

Cayenne pepper in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 2 months ago. Plant has tripled in size. 4 little peppers on there at the moment.

Atkinson tomato in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 2 months ago. This thing has exploded. Currently 5 fruits, 3 of which are visible. Tons of flowers.

These 3 tomatoes are in standard containers. Planted approximately 3 months ago and are coming along nicely now that we have quit overwatering them. From left to right: Better Bush, Beefmaster, Black Krim. 4 fruits on the Better Bush, Lots of flowers on the Beefmaster but no fruit yet. A few flowers on the Krim, no fruit.

Roma tomato in 5 gallon SWC. Planted approximately 3 weeks ago as a ROUGH looking transplant. Lots of new growth since then though and I have pruned the ugliness. It's growing a little crooked but oh well...

A couple of herbs in a 5 gallon SWC. Planted 2 weeks ago. Basil and Cilantro.

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Cor-ten planters safe for growing edibles?
I'd like to grow some edibles but the best sun is in...
midwestgal67
Pine Bark Fines Substitute?
I'm having trouble finding pine bark fines for the...
johnweh
Need advice for container garden for elderly woman
I have a question on container gardening for an elderly...
sharonkdr
Container gardening
My clivia, 20-30 yr old lives in a pot, maybe 15 gal....
josephene_gw
Long Term Potting Mix Recipe - Alternative to Gritty Mix
Hi everyone, I'm a new gardener from Perth, Western...
arcan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™