Please help design my landscape.

chipbishop1980April 21, 2014

My wife and I have zero talent when it comes to design. I'd love to hear what your ideas are. So we live just west of Atlanta and the house faces north.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chipbishop1980

Another pic

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 7:22PM
chipbishop1980

And another.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 7:25PM
emmarene

Are people in your area able to have camellias?

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 5:24PM
chipbishop1980

Yes I have seen some around.

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 7:18PM
yardvaark

Here's a few ideas. The multi-trunk trees could be camellias. I think I would keep the front hedge low and let all the architectural details show. Use plants that could do these things at maturity.

This post was edited by Yardvaark on Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 13:41

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 8:43PM
chipbishop1980

Yardvaark, that is awesome! So can you identify the plants? I hope that isnt asking to much. Thanks for the help!

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 10:08AM
yardvaark

Take the multi-trunk trees, for example. They could be camellias, crape myrtles, various hollies, Japanese maples, etc., etc. ... whatever suits your particular likes and requirements. You would need to decide which plant (of those that would work) does the job best. But before you do that (or simultaneously) you need to work out a scale PLAN of your front yard, showing where each plant (or group of plants if they are very small like groundcover) goes. If you need help determining what plants to use, others might chime in or you can show the plan and picture on your local GW forum or take it to your local garden center and get local advice as to what work work for each particular plant. Research the plants and make your selection.

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 2:17PM
babera(5a (Montana))

I like yardvaarks drawing. I especially like the big splash of white in the front area, it ties in well with the details on the house.

I think it would look nice with a common colored flower, like red. With the gray house, white trim and black accents. Since the house faces north you could do impatence, which is an annual (dies off in the winter) but it would be a nice pop of red color (where the pinks, purples and oranges are in the drawing) . Other plants that do well in shade are hostas (mostly green insignificant flower), astilbe, which come in red, white or pink flowers.

Potted flowers on the porch would also add a nice look. I picture boxes on the rail or hanging pots.

Make sure to post pictures when your all done.

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 10:50PM
chipbishop1980

Thanks babera, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
dmo12240
Bed lines don't matter if....
They're covered in snow! It will be interesting to...
Bama_Joe
Small Tree Suggestions
I have a 20 x 20 concrete patio that I'd like to put...
kristinainaustin
Please need help 100% blank slate both front and back
Hi guys glad I found this forum been reading alot of...
lexysdad04
Where can I find buyers for these large boulders?
Hi we are thinking to re-landscape our yard. The previous...
fggirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™