How to Garden if you hate Gardening
I'm 26, hate gardening, bought a house with a yard & flower beds in the front that I want to look nice. You see my problem.
I'm trying to make a gardening plan that requires the least amount of maintenance. I don't mind investing time and money right now, but I don't want to do much work going forward.
- Dig up existing bushes & weeds, they are ugly.
- Add Humus, or mulch, or something and rototiller it into the soil.
- Add weed block tarp.
- Plant hardy plants like hostas or....(looking for other options)
- Put some sort of red rock (seminole chips?) on top of the tarp to finish it off.
- Grab a beer and relax knowing my gardening days are over!
Obviously things aren't that easy and I'm making some huge beginner mistakes and that is why I came here :-)
I know a lot of people are going to say that there is no easy way out and I accept that....but, please give me some real advice about how to obtain the easiest way out. (short of hiring a gardener)
Thanks for any advice or input.