What is growing in my clover?

lilpetuniaJune 12, 2013

So I had no idea where to post this since I don't know what I'm dealing with, so if you don't know what it is point me in the right direction please!

We have some clover (Oxalis acetosella) that we got for St. Patrick's Day decorations. They have been seriously neglected, basically getting watered on the rare occasion someone noticed them and feels bad. Today was one of those days so I pulled down the two plants from their spot and plopped one in a bowl of water to drink and started plucking off dead leaves. I moved onto the second one and saw orange things growing at the base. At first I thought it was growing a fungus or something, but on closer inspection decided it's something else. I don't know what though.

I took some photos and am hoping someone can tell me what it is. There are several of them, two above ground and it looks like a few below, I'll go digging around once I find out what it is. Is it a part of the clover or some separate organism?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rina_

I think they are new 'stems' - I had them on my plant too, didn't really check it often & now it's just brown (same color as other stems) short new stems...not sure thou.
Rina

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 8:58AM
More Discussions
Help! My kumqat is dying
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some help related...
bashchelik
Question about too much dryness in my container garden
I have several Behlen food-grade stocktanks (1x2x6)...
catherinet
Potting into Air Pots, root length question
Hello all, My question is, air pots are supposed to...
stickstring (Northern California 8b)
Long Term Potting Mix Recipe - Alternative to Gritty Mix
Hi everyone, I'm a new gardener from Perth, Western...
arcan
PVC liner OK for growing food?
A contractor friend of mine made me a planter box to...
gourdo1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™