Help with landscaping

mswillis5April 19, 2013

I am posting a picture from last year. We didn't like the bushes out front so all of them are removed right now. We are looking for design advice so that we can have it looking better. I will try and post a picture tomorrow of the current setup. Any advice would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

For your next picture, back up a little so you can include the whole front yard and take it from a more central position such as straight out from the front door. It makes it easier to understand what it is that you have. Tell where you are located, also.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pls8xx

Nice looking small ranch. Zone 8?

Looks like slab foundation, unlikely to have a basement. House faces north yo NW, front in shade until late afternoon. NE corner of the lot is the high side, SW corner the low side with an average slope of 3 to 6%; unlikely to have a drainage problem that would be hard to fix.

Trees in back may provide shade in the morning; lots of sun in the afternoon. Hard to tell what kind of trees, maybe one of the oaks that holds leaves longer along with some elms?

With the drive on the high side, does the drive slope toward the street or have a slight dip in it between street and house?

As Yardvaark says, more photos would be helpful.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
Need help building a retaining wall
Hi all this is my first post so I hope I can get some...
jeffboyardeee
Bed lines don't matter if....
They're covered in snow! It will be interesting to...
Bama_Joe
Huge commercial project behind me
Hi, all. The Deathstar has arrived-- that is, the 60,000...
demeron
Please need help 100% blank slate both front and back
Hi guys glad I found this forum been reading alot of...
lexysdad04
seeking creative solution to pine root damage in driveway
Hello, My neighbor has some large pines which are on...
gardnergal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™