HAVE: Have a bunch of stuff, and no idea what I'm doing.
Due to a recently-ended career at a home-improvement center with a nice garden center and friendships with people who know more about plants than I do, I have a decent amount of plants. I'm now working on refining said plants, cultivating what I want, and eliminating what I don't.
What I want are bearded irises and daylilies. I have about an acre and a half of land, much of which I'm clearing of overgrowth and trees to promote healthier plant life and, well...sunshine.
What I HAVE are:
- A couple bearded irises, including the ugliest mustard yellow and pink bearded iris I've ever seen. I have no idea what it is, but it was given to me by a very, very nice gentleman. The other is a dark violet iris...I believe it's called a "Dusky Challenger" if memory serves. I had some Queen's Tiara Irises that I lost a couple years back to a vole attack.
- Siberian blue flag irises.
- Daylilies: Painted Horse, Fooled Me, Jungle Beauty, Custard Candy, and three or four others that I cannot for the life of me remember what they are. *Please note - some of these are probably not quite big enough to split yet.*
- Asiatic Lilies: Ah, these things. They're simply out of control. I have about eight different varieties, including one pink hybrid that I swear manifested in my garden. It's light pink, with, a best I can describe it, drops of darker pink bleeding back in toward the center. I split it last year to two neighbors, and it's coming back stronger than ever this year. It's just awesome. It looks like a watercolor.
- Double orange tigerlilies: I'm apparently the only cool kid on the block with these.
So I'm looking for interesting stuff. I've completely fallen in love with bearded irises. Let me know what you've got.
I will post pictures as I can...