HAVE: noID cold hardy dwarf banana

thatannagirl(8 (houston))July 23, 2012

I have single trade of dwarf banana (cold hardy). It's a sucker that I need to remove from my potted dwarf banana, but I'm willing to re-pot it and send it to someone as an exchange.

It's on its second leaf.

I'd love herbs (seasoning or medicinal), either as plants or seeds. Lemon Grass. Citronella. Anything with scented foliage.

check my trade list, I'm willing to turn this into a larger trade. Might as well, to maximize postage mileage:D

more info on the plant:

sorry I don't have a specific ID, I bought this plant last summer from directgarden.com (I didn't know what I was getting into and the prices seemed so good!) the declared variety was cold hardy dwarf banana. I did overwinter it outdoors in the pot, and the top died back, but it regrew. But, it was also a very mild winter,(heck, my cilantro and sweet potato vines overwintered outside in pots!) so it might not be the cold hardy that they claimed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thatannagirl(8 (houston))

ah, forgot to mention the leaves have lovely maroon markings on them that fade as the leaf gets older.

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 2:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BegoniaRob(8B/9A)

How big is the plant? I might be interested. Would you like some arugula seeds (I cultivated these from my plants)--great for fall. I also have rose geraniums to send cuttings. I also have some hyacinth bulbs (al least I think they're hyacinths). I also have a bunch of succulents. How about a cutting of lemon verbena.

I looked on directgarden.com to see what bananas they sell--they don't exist anymore. :-(

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Scion Wood
I plan to prune in February or late January and will...
charlieboring
WANTED: Blueberry plants, Cuttings or Offsets
I am looking for named blueberry plants or offsets...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
WANTED: Kudzu Wanted
Looking for kudzu cuttings in exchange for the following: catnip...
AndreaFarmer
WANTED: Rudbeckia maxima, Asclepias
Would like to set up a spring trade for Rudbeckia maxima,...
lovesblooms
HAVE: Raspberry & Blackberry bareroot to a good home
I need to clear an area that is covered with healthy...
tomato345
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™