I am hoping you knowledgeable folks can help me solve some fertilizing puzzles I am wondering about.
1. After I repot into 5-1-1 mix (without CRF), how soon should I start fertilizing my (mostly tropical) plants with Foliage-Pro? I read somewhere after a week or two when plants settle a bit. Does this sound right?
2. All my plants have widely different fertilizing needs according to what I've googled up - anywhere from every couple of weeks full strength to every several months or even once a season at half strength depending on the plant. Then I read Al who fertilizes ALL his plants "weekly weakly" or even with every watering - which I think he does every day. Such drastically different advice can't all be right, no? Logistically, all plants on the same schedule is the best way for me, but I do not want to over- or under-fertilize.
3. What role do my conditions play? E.g., there is not much light in my apartment, certainly no direct light - how should that affect my fertilizing program?
4. Should I vary doses by season or by plant or by life-stages? (e.g., growing/dormant, fast/slow growing plant, likes more/less water, healthy/unhealthy looking, blooming/not etc.)
5. Can I dissolve Foliage-Pro into a 2 gallon bucket for convenience and then let it sit there for weeks until I use it up? What's the expiration date on the dissolved fertilizer?
6. Where can I read more about fertilizing? (a book or a reputable source for a non-pro online).