Ideas for steep slope

KMolliMay 15, 2011

The road crew has gifted us with a very steep slope on both sides of our front yard. I would love ideas to make this a lower maintenance slope. Our soil is pretty bad on this slope. It is clay with a heavy influence of flagstone rock. My husband does not want a grass that has to be mowed. I am accumulating tiger lillys from friends but it would take years to gather enough to fill this in. We have to find a solution or the continued erosion will damage our road (we are at the top of a hill on a chip tar road with natural springs running under it. The amount of water that comes off our property is large.

I would love to add pictures to give you a better idea but I cannot figure out how at this time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KMolli

Here is one side.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 11:10AM
KMolli

Here is the other side,

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 11:12AM
    Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 11:13AM
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

KMolli, the url in your fourth post is the same as the working link in the second post. [Keep in mind that what you see in Preview is what you'll get in the final post. So if you don't see a photo in Preview, it won't appear in the final post. And if a link isn't clickable in Preview, it won't work in the final post. It is possible to post more than one photo in a single post; I believe you need to choose the "html" address from the different possibilities Photobucket offers.]

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
What can I put here for privacy
I bought this house 18 months ago and I'm not certain...
Carlton Clay
Layout for backyard near house - suggestions
We are wanting to improve on our backyard and create...
lyfia
Can a new wood fence be moved?
I recently purchased a house with a newly installed...
dyhgarden
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
dmo12240
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™