how to plan plots

chefaid90(5)April 18, 2012

ok I have a total of 8 10'x4' plots almost ready to go. Now I need help figure out what to put in what plots. I have 2 rows of 4 plots. I know people say to put some items to the north and that but not sure what to put where. I am planting tomatoes (2 plots) peppers (2 plots) lettuce, cucumbers, zuccini one is gonna be a mix of herbs (basil, green onions, oregano, and a few others. also gonna be adding another row of plots later for corn.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chefaid90(5)

opps mistake its beans in the first new rows being added and another plot of corn will be added later than that.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 9:53AM
wertach zone 7-B SC

Put you tallest plants an the north side so that they don't shade the shorter ones.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 11:43AM
barnhardt9999(8a)

I say put the tallest (tomatoes and cucumbers) in the middle. The shorter heat and sun loving plants (zuchinni and squash) go south/west. The plants that like a little shade and cooler afternoons go to the north/east (lettuce, onions, oregeno).

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 12:04PM
gjcore

I lay my beds out with paper and pencil first noting any trees, bushes, structures and north south east west. While I don't usually follow it strictly I find it helps alot.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Cucumber Nutritional Deficiency
Hi guys, I'm a farmer based out of Shmedabad, Gujarat,...
dshaival
Tomatoes in Autumn?
It's late summer, about to be autumn for me, and I...
Heather Riley
Can I use grape leaves as mulch?
I have alot of chopped and dried grape vine leaves....
zzackey
What's the best way to fertilize/enrich a large garden plot?
I have a community garden I'm working on with over...
srj19
Romaine Lettuce help
So I plant 3 sets of 3 romaine plants about 2 1/2 weeks...
robbversion1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™