HAVE: Have Raspberry plants - Need Blackberry

charlieboringAugust 29, 2013

I have what looks like August Red Raspberry plants and would like to trade for thornless blackberry plants. Raspberries are large red berries and the plant grows erect to about 5 feet. Last season plants were everbearing, this season, due to improper pruning produced in June.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheipat

Hi - We have tons of wild blackberry plants on our property in suburban philadelphia. Let me know if you'd like some!

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 2:37PM
moonphase(z7 Ga)

would like to have some raspberry plants,would you trade for fig cuttings?I have several types of cuttings if you will check out my page.Thanks.moonphase
Annette

also have several plants

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 9:23PM
charlieboring

Okay. I will save some raspberry plants as they sucker and send them to you. I don't know if I have any right now because I keep cutting them down. I will check today.

Charlie

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 4:43AM
charlieboring

Moonphase - I have taken one raspberry sucker that I uprooted and potted it it for you. My wife informed me that she wants me to uproot my two raspberry bushes and plant two blackberry bushes. She said that if I did not; she will ensure that the squirrels attack my berries and that I never eat another raspberry. (She is not wild about raspberries) I can't defend against her and the squirrels, so the raspberries are coming out. They are probably too large to send to you economically even if I cut them down, but if you are interested, let me know. As for as the figs you offerred, the current figs I have do not mature in zone 7 before the first frost, if you have some that mature early, I would be interested. I am into edible landscape so I plant fruit and veggies among my flowers and shrubs.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 8:09AM
sheipat

Hi Charlie - If Moonphase doesn't take the raspberries, I am interested. I can offer you daylilies galore, some habanero and banana pepper seeds, as well as Solomon's seal (great in shade), and various ferns.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
WANT: Hippeastrum pardinum
Hello, I am looking for Hippeastrum pardinum bulb or...
papillonmina
Wanted!! Joe Pye Weed
Have spider lilies for trade - red
gagalyellow
Wanted: Iris
I am addicted to Iris and will gladly pay postage for...
lynnthegardener
Have: Salvia Divinorum
Have 9 salvia divinorum plants to trade. Looking for...
benjoe
want alpine strawberry white or yellow seeds
want alpine strawberry seeds yellow or white plz have...
mychineseauntie11
Sponsored Products
Bird Cam Mounting Arm
$29.95 | FRONTGATE
4-ft. Pre-lit Alpine Tree
Grandin Road
Sago Palm Silk Tree 4ft
Overstock.com
Glamos Wire Galvanized Sectional Garden Cage - 10 Pack - 711736
$80.84 | Hayneedle
Red Carpet Studios Backyard Bling Chime - 10811
$29.99 | Hayneedle