Starting a container garden!

MarcusAllanJuly 7, 2014

Hey all, I am brand new to this forum, but have had a green thumb for decades. I finally moved back to Houston recently, and want to rekindle my Hill Country upbringing by creating four container gardens in my large, unused space In my back yard. This space is roughly 400 square feet and partly shaded by an oak and China berry tree, which i recently had pruned. Here are my ideas. Please, help me and correct me if i am wrong. I live in the Copperfield area, if that helps regarding weather patterns. I would like to build a container to house herbs. One to house vegetables. One to house melons and a final one to house or be a butterfly, hummingbird, bumble bee garden. The dimensions are to be 3 feet tall (. 2 ft container, one foot legs) , two feet wide, and eight feet long. Quarter inch holes drilled randomly in the bottom. That's my vision. So, new gardening friends, what do i plant In Houston, successfully, and what should I NOT waste my time pursuing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christine1950

Welcome Marcus, I have no advice for you, I just wanted to let you know there is a separate forum for Texas if you wanted to post over there. When you go to the main garden page scroll down to the T's...... :>)
Christine

Bookmark   July 7, 2014 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Help! My kumqat is dying
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some help related...
bashchelik
Help with 5:1:1
Some lol-basic questions about quantities needed for...
containergardenerbeginner
Trying Petunias indoors
I thought that I would try to grow some Petunias indoors,...
nopets
Question for Al (tapla) re bark in gritty mix
I live in Australia and just starting to experiment...
alan.oz
Potting into Air Pots, root length question
Hello all, My question is, air pots are supposed to...
stickstring (Northern California 8b)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™