WANTED: asteriscus sericeus - Canary Island Daisy

robinpla(10b)August 9, 2010

I fell in love with this plant after seeing it at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. I quickly learned that it is not sold at nurseries here in Southern California. The few places that mention this plant online "no longer grow" this plant. So I am hoping that someone on gardenweb might be able to help me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

It appears to be available at the link below.

Very pretty.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Asteriscus sericeus at Plant Safari

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 1:16PM
robinpla(10b)

I have contacted that nursery but they didn't have it. Typical. I am almost thinking I have to look for seeds abroad. Thanks for looking though.

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 3:57PM
Leslie_1

I'm wondering if you were able to find any seeds. The L.A. Arboretum also has these (which they grew from seed), but they wouldn't give me a cutting. So I'm hoping I can find some seeds somewhere.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 7:26PM
robinpla(10b)

Yes I ordered seeds from Germany I think, a couple of years ago. I ended up with a lot of plants and gave away to people (telling them they have plants few other people have). I have 6 plants myself and they are beautiful. I love the smell of the leaves, and the flowers are so nice and lasts a long time. This summer I am expecting them to really take off. Let me try to find the website that I ordered seeds from.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 7:46PM
robinpla(10b)

Ok, they actually list this plant under nauplius sericeus on this website, but that's the same plant. And this is where I ordered it from.

If you're in the Los Angeles area maybe I could give you a branch. I haven't done much rooting of cuttings, but if you think that's possible I would be willing to share. They shed all their flowers and seeds a few months ago.

http://www.rareplants.de/shop/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0amp;P_ID=9118&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 8:05PM
ranivara

I live in Orange county. Do you still have a plant you an sell/give?

Bookmark   on Tuesday at 5:53PM
More Discussions
Have Spring bulbs that need dividing for trade
I have yellow and purple crocus, King Alfred daffs,,...
frankielynnsie
Wanted!! Joe Pye Weed
Have spider lilies for trade - red
gagalyellow
Golden Weeping Willow
I'm looking for a bundle of Golden Weeping Willow cuttings....
johnmcafee_99
HAVE: named daylilies, peonies and iris
I have for trade, a bunch of named daylilies, iris...
LoveMyDirt900
WANTED colocasia pinapple princess
Lost this one a few years ago and it seems to have...
miketropic
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™