WANTED: asteriscus sericeus - Canary Island Daisy

robinpla(10b)August 9, 2010

I fell in love with this plant after seeing it at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. I quickly learned that it is not sold at nurseries here in Southern California. The few places that mention this plant online "no longer grow" this plant. So I am hoping that someone on gardenweb might be able to help me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

It appears to be available at the link below.

Very pretty.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Asteriscus sericeus at Plant Safari

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 1:16PM
robinpla(10b)

I have contacted that nursery but they didn't have it. Typical. I am almost thinking I have to look for seeds abroad. Thanks for looking though.

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 3:57PM
Leslie_1

I'm wondering if you were able to find any seeds. The L.A. Arboretum also has these (which they grew from seed), but they wouldn't give me a cutting. So I'm hoping I can find some seeds somewhere.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 7:26PM
robinpla(10b)

Yes I ordered seeds from Germany I think, a couple of years ago. I ended up with a lot of plants and gave away to people (telling them they have plants few other people have). I have 6 plants myself and they are beautiful. I love the smell of the leaves, and the flowers are so nice and lasts a long time. This summer I am expecting them to really take off. Let me try to find the website that I ordered seeds from.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 7:46PM
robinpla(10b)

Ok, they actually list this plant under nauplius sericeus on this website, but that's the same plant. And this is where I ordered it from.

If you're in the Los Angeles area maybe I could give you a branch. I haven't done much rooting of cuttings, but if you think that's possible I would be willing to share. They shed all their flowers and seeds a few months ago.

http://www.rareplants.de/shop/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0amp;P_ID=9118&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Looking for a chinese evergreen cutting
I'm looking to propagate a chinese evergreen as I'm...
Megan Carmeli
Wanted: Pomegranate scions/cuttings
Any type. Had to give up my plants (had Russian varieties)...
Andrea W
HAVE: Raspberry & Blackberry bareroot to a good home
I need to clear an area that is covered with healthy...
tomato345
Want BRUGS cuttings in April or May........
Any one have Brugs cuttings to share in April or may?...
racetowin
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check a member's profile page, you will see...
Tamara
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™