Patio where an above ground pool used to be

DrewG84May 11, 2012

Just bought a new house and removed an above ground pool. Now I have a 24' diameter circle of sand in my backyard. I would like to make a paver patio. Does anyone have experience with laying pavers directly on sand in a situation like this? Of course I would compact and level the sand first.

Thanks,

Drew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

Drew, people work with "make-do" situations all the time. Sometimes the results are satisfactory. Sometimes they are not. And depending on which way the results end up may be determined or influenced by many small factors. I would suggest that you take a good, clear photo of the area and show how it relates to its access and post that in the thread. You might say what the intended lifespan of your patio is. Setting pavers on a sand base with no compacted crusher run sub-base--especially in a freeze-prone climate--is not guaranteed to bring long lasting results. You should clarify if that's acceptable.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 5:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marcinde(7)

Don't do this. It will fail. Google ICPI for proper installation specs, or follow the manufacturer's guidelines.

It would be a bad idea anywhere, but in Massachusetts? After one winter you'll need to shim your table with a brick to get it remotely close to level.

Bookmark   May 12, 2012 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
Drainage issues!
Hoping the drainage experts can contribute. We have...
mrsgoss
need help regrading
hi, currently the mulch surrounding my home foundation...
mishyq
Need tips to make garden spiral
so this is kind of embarrassing but I don't know how...
violetwest
Need help building a retaining wall
Hi all this is my first post so I hope I can get some...
jeffboyardeee
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™