In summer, should a gardenia in a container dry out...?

peterk312July 23, 2013

In summer, should a gardenia in a container dry out between waterings, and if not, how do you keep the container "evenly moist" without over-wateing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meyermike_1micha(5)

Well sort of but not quite..In others words you should always water your gardenia right before the leaves wilt, but never let the wilt..

If you had it planted in a mix that you could water as often as you want without over watering that evenly stays moist and evenly dries out, you would do awesome with that.

Mike

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 12:31PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Well sort of but not quite..In others words you should always water your gardenia right before the leaves wilt, but never let the wilt..

If you had it planted in a mix that you could water as often as you want without over watering that evenly stays moist and evenly dries out, you would do awesome with that.

Mike

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 4:03PM
peterk312

So then, any sign of wilting--from leaves or from buds--is an indicator that it's not getting enough water? I thought this could be caused by low humidity, too.

"If you had it planted in a mix that you could water as often as you want without over watering that evenly stays moist and evenly dries out, you would do awesome with that."

--What kind of mix is this?

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
Al and others..Foliage Pro fertilizer?
I just wanted to get an update on what you think of...
meyermike_1micha
PVC liner OK for growing food?
A contractor friend of mine made me a planter box to...
gourdo1
To find popular threads try this...
When you are looking for popular threads from the GW...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
Help with 5:1:1
Some lol-basic questions about quantities needed for...
containergardenerbeginner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™