Need help with my green beans

leylowe(8a)April 5, 2012

I'm attempting to grow pole beans for the first time in containers on my patio. They've been looking beautiful until today! A few of the leaves are looking strange. The best way I know to describe it is that it looks like the green is coming off of the leaf in places. I've attached a couple of pictures. We've had rain 3 days in a row here, and temps in the 80s. Wondering if mildew or mold is to blame. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnibel7 Md 7(7)

Looks like sun or wind damage to me, unless it is spidermites, but since there is no yellowing, I lean towards the first. Were these inside then recently moved out? Did you have a particularly breezy day recently? Check the undersides for tiny tiny insects and if you don't find any, don't worry. I think they will bounce back just fine. Cheers!

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 1:25PM
teauteau(KC5/6)

Yes, it looks like sun damage. Did you perhaps get some water on the leaves during the heat of the day? Best to water at the ground level in the morning if you don't have a drip system.

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 1:29PM
leylowe(8a)

Thank you - that's a relief! Yes, it rained midday, then the sun came out again. I haven't seen any insects except those little tiny flies that are supposed to eat aphids. Happy to see those!

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 2:06PM
More Discussions
gardening math for beginners and those still learning
to help newbies and other people who have trouble knowing...
gridgardener
Anyone else not liking this "new and improved" houzz thingy?
It took a long time to get through all of the bells...
wertach zone 7-B SC
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
gridgardener
eggplant not germinating
I put in my eggplant seeds on 1/25 and left them on...
NewTXGardener (8a Dallas)
Who uses hog/cattle panels for Tomato Trellis? Need some advice
Hello, I'm close to going with some kind of livestock...
srj19
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™