Rectangular and/or shallow Cloth/Aeration Containers options?

KristenHPJuly 13, 2014

Does anyone know of any sources for rectangular cloth/aeration containers (like rectangular smartpots)

I have Earthboxes and a few smart pots out on my 2nd floor apartment porch. The porch itself is a wrap-around, about 36" wide and 8' on the short side and about 12' on the long side. I currently have 5 Earthboxes and 3 15 gallon SmartPots.

I would like to add more containers. I would prefer cloth because they're easier to store, clean and less expensive. However, the smartpots are big and the circular shape means they don't line up as neatly as the Eartboxes and they're a bit obtrusive.

Does anyone make any sort of cloth or aeration container that is a rectangular box shape (with or without a frame)? I've seen some but they're large squares and would not physically fit into the space I have. I cannot put up any vertical, hanging or pouch planters.

I need to keep things neat and orderly for my husband's sanity. ;) He doesn't care how many containers I have so long as everything is nice and neat. His level of caring is also gradually decreasing as the amount of vegetables on his plate increases, so maybe in a year or two I'll have him completely enthused about a container amazon on the porch, but for right now, I need to keep things very neat!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ci_lantro

A rectangular cloth pot isn't going to stay rectangular after you fill it with soil without some kind of frame. It's going to poof out & try to be a circle.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 3:56PM
More Discussions
"tapla" root pruning question
Hi Al, I bought another Brush Cherry, and wanted your...
halocline
fertilizing cuttings ?
Hello - I have some fig cuttings in 60% perlite/40%...
briana_2006
Repotting into 5-1-1 soil. Questions about 511 materials.
Hey all! I am a newbie with 5 container citrus. Right...
emilygreenie
gritty mix modification question
Sorry, I had a response to this question before but...
briana_2006
Indoor vegetables and 5-1-1
I'm growing vegetables indoors in containers. Is the...
gardev
Sponsored Products
Polaris Sinks Silver Mesh/ Chrome Glass Vessel Sink and Faucet
Overstock.com
New Persian Tribal Balouch Runner Red Hand Knotted Wool Veg Dyed Rug Free P
BH Sun Inc
CXL Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan with 52-Inch Plus Series Brushed Nickel Blades an
$216.00 | Bellacor
Elephant Gray Butterfly Applique 18 x 18 Pillow
$19.95 | Bellacor
Master Mark Plastics 40 ft. Terrace Board - 1432-4073
$28.99 | Hayneedle
Franklin Bench - Key Largo Pumice Beige
Joybird Furniture
Fitzgerald Ottoman - Key Largo Pumice Beige
Joybird Furniture
IMAX Marisa Graphic Ottoman - 89750
$199.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: