neat but needs help

douglasont(6 ON)May 31, 2010

Hi: Here they are! Find a few pics of my front yard below. I posted a few days ago for help to unify the collector's garden.(my personal definition of "collector" - I buy or get 'one' plant from someone and tuck it in)You might notice I have a few multiples - I'm trying.

I hope to use a few of the suggestions: 1. unify with ground cover 2. unifying with a few square cut limestone rocks - in scale to the landscape.

Any other suggestions out there now that you can see the situation?

I find it all very neat and tidy - I like keeping it this way - and now that I have got rid of the thugs (a 2 year process)- I still think there is something lacking.

D.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stormz4

Very lovely and diverse. It looks young and should fill more in future seasons so the areas that are sparse will fill eventualy. However you could perhaps do a ground carpet phlox. These will grow about 18" are mounded, flower in spring and are evergreen the rest of the season. The ones I have put on a great show for me. You could also do this in the foundation bed. I call it skirting. But trust yourself you already have a lovely home and yard and are doing a great job. The lawn as well is very nice.

Bookmark   June 1, 2010 at 2:08AM
More Discussions
What can I put here for privacy
I bought this house 18 months ago and I'm not certain...
Carlton Clay
Bed lines don't matter if....
They're covered in snow! It will be interesting to...
Bama_Joe
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
Mulch/grass over asphalt?
Our entire backyard was paved with asphalt by the previous...
stevet47
Where to find 3/8" minus gravel in NY/NJ??
Our community garden is planning to rehabilitate our...
heavens123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™