What to replace roses with?

cymraes(8)May 23, 2011

We had a very long hard winter and about 30 of my roses died. Most were planted along our wrap around porch and back deck. We need to replace them, but have our house for sale. I know that not everyone wants the work of roses, so I am looking for inexpensive ideas to replace them with. It needs to be something that will blend well with the current roses, salvia and lavender. It also needs to be something fairly fast growing so our curb appeal is good.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Go to your local garden center or box store and purchase whatever you like and is the right price. Your issue is not really either a gardening question nor one of landscaping and the chances are very high whoever purchases your home will make their own changes according to their taste - you just want something tidy that will help sell the place.

And I wouldn't be overly concerned about 'blending well' with the existing plants other than by appearance - both salvia and lavender are low water, low nutrient demanding plants that are not ideal companions to the more demanding roses.

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 10:13AM
More Discussions
seeking creative solution to pine root damage in driveway
Hello, My neighbor has some large pines which are on...
gardnergal
Brick Patio from Salvaged bricks
I came by about 600 nice clean used bricks for free...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Need dog fencing layout tips for homestead
We just bought a place on nearly 4 acres that has no...
tracefacemsu
garden design ideas for a raised brick flower bed.
Every year I try with all my might to do something...
midwestmelissa
Wind, sun and what best fits my backyard
Hi everyone! Please ignore the grass situation, will...
Bama_Joe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™