Pics of new bed

joec789May 17, 2012

HI new to the forum just ripped out everything in in my bed and started fresh wanted to know what you guys thought about the spacing of everything and any tips on any of the plantings as I am new to this

Thanks

By redfern47 at 2012-05-17

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
designoline6(Z6)

Some computers can't open your embeded pics.it need some programs.if you make every computers to open the pics,you
first upload photo to any photo-hosting site.Photobucket and Flickr are examples . While at that photo on the site,
look for a link to "share." Then look for a way of obtaining "html code" (don't select the thumbnail version.)
Copy that code and paste it directly into your message here.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 12:01AM
reyesuela(z7a)

I recognize most of that...

You've chosen a lot of slow growing varieties and tiny shrubs, so it'll take 3-5 years for it to begin to fill in. But the design is nice, the colors are lovely, and the effect will be really quite striking.

My biggest worry is that I think the Chamaecyparis pisifera "Mops" may grow faster than the Acer palmatum dissectum, if that's what those are.... Depending on the boxwood(?) variety back there, it might grow faster than those, too.

I like how it's going to screen the back/side door from view, reducing any possible confusion.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 5:05AM
inkognito

One of each is never a good look but I think you have a good start. On a practical point I would remove two of the stepping stones closest to the door (you can get the the hose off the corner)and put them near the electricity meter for the reader to stand on.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
Can a new wood fence be moved?
I recently purchased a house with a newly installed...
dyhgarden
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
Brick Patio from Salvaged bricks
I came by about 600 nice clean used bricks for free...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Show Me Your Small Private Backyard Landscaping
Looking for picture-based examples of up to a 1/4 acre...
Bob Sislow
Spacing for Armstrong Maple and Crimson Spire Oak
I plan to provide height to the borders of my backyard...
Bob Sislow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™