hey all!

rosessecretgardenJune 2, 2010

hey friends!

if you get a chance to renovate your garden design? what would you choose? any dreams?

i like to give oasis look to my garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

I'd like to have twice the acreage I have now, with about half of the new part in woodland. A nice variety of native woodland wildflowers and interesting shrubs. Galax. Native orchids. Solomon's seal. Lady's slipper. Enough ferns to satisfy my soul (might not be possible).

And I would magically change the two huge rhodies next to the carport from purple to white -- as well as change the azaleas so they aren't all different (clashing) colors! And magically banish all the Bermuda grass! And the poison ivy. And the wild onion. And the Carolina horse nettle. And the greenbriar. And the Japanese honeysuckle. And the multiflora rose. And the trailing wild raspberry. And the dodder in the creek bed. And all the Bradford pear seedlings.

Oh wow.

Then there are the do-able but far in the future changes: ripping out the narrow, sunken front walk and replacing it with a wider, curving walk farther from the house. Expanding the bed on the other side of the walk. Figuring out a better way to deal with the change in ground level on the north side of the house from the front to the walk-out basement.

Figuring out what to do with the "valley" ("swale" doesn't begin to describe it) between the rhodies and the cherry trees, which becomes a creek with any good amount of rain.

Regrading the entire backyard so the lawn slopes evenly from the house down to the pasture fence. Well, I think we'll have to put that one in the "magical" category too!

*sigh* If I know what's good for me, I'll go move the dwarf mugo pines to the new bed....

Bookmark   June 2, 2010 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
Need design help for this newbie!
My husband and I are undertaking what has turned out...
stillasprout
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
dmo12240
Landscape advice for front yard please!
We have just moved into a house in SoCal - zone 10...
glitzalicious
Ditched my landscaper - yellow pine choice
Going to my local Camellia expert's nursery and just...
Bama_Joe
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™