My Trellis and Cherry Maters

Phildeez(9b)July 6, 2013

I had a hell of a time trellising my sweet 100s and Sungolds last year so this time around I wanted them to be less bushy and easier to harvest. I think this worked out really well so far. I pruned all but one or 2 low suckers on each plant and then pruned all suckers up to the base of the "Y" where I stopped pruning and let them bush out.

I also hope it will allow good air flow so I can avoid moisture issues in the fall.

I did have one question, does anyone know where to buy Roommate Netting? I tried bird netting but it is not strong enough to stop a starving undergrad!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Very nicely done! Your Sweet 100 is much further along in ripe fruit than mine. Good grief, my plant is over 7 feet already, and not showing any sign of slowing. My Sun Gold is also going crazy, but producing better and trellised better.

As for room-mate netting....nope, can't help ya. Maybe a dab of superhot pepper oil on a select ripe tomato? Then when he freaks out, tell him that you hybridized a pepper and tomato (unless he's smarter than that). Either way, once bitten, twice shy ;-)

Josh

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 11:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Phildeez(9b)

Haha, good idea Josh. I have some red fatalii coming in that would work nicely. Considering I gave him a quarter of a fresh Cayenne yesterday and he almost crapped his pants, it should work pretty well!

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
zone 9 or so best roses for containers
what are your best roses for container gardening
zippity1
Help! My slash pine seedlings in containers are turning yellowish
I have several hundred slash pine seedlings I put in...
Florida Native
Help with 5:1:1
Some lol-basic questions about quantities needed for...
containergardenerbeginner
Any issues planting in copper pots?
I have some old copper containers I want to use for...
garden_dogs
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™