Flooding in front yard

laowaiJune 19, 2014

I've got a small front yard and am on a hill. The city requires that downspouts (which you can see in the photo) are not connected below grade, so the combination of all this means I get flooding during intense rain.

The grass is already dead after the plumbers replaced a lead pipe last autumn and ripped up the grass, and am planning to re-seed in the next couple of weeks. While doing that I'd like to see if there is anything else I can do to avoid the flooding situation. Re-grading is probably ideal, as is improving drainage from the downspout but not really sure how to do that. Any suggestions for a newbie on how to do that would be highly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Allen456(8)

Could you post a street view photo? Water travels downhill, trust me I feel your pain. I have a 200+' dry creek dissecting my yard to reroute stormwater.

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 7:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

What, exactly, do you mean by "flooding"? Water running across the grade in the correct direction (to get away from the house) does not constitute flooding. Hopefully, a picture you add will show the grade relationship with the foundation. (Not a close-up.)

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 10:09AM
More Discussions
Can a new wood fence be moved?
I recently purchased a house with a newly installed...
dyhgarden
Brick Patio from Salvaged bricks
I came by about 600 nice clean used bricks for free...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Spacing for Armstrong Maple and Crimson Spire Oak
I plan to provide height to the borders of my backyard...
Bob Sislow
Bed lines don't matter if....
They're covered in snow! It will be interesting to...
Bama_Joe
Where to find 3/8" minus gravel in NY/NJ??
Our community garden is planning to rehabilitate our...
heavens123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™