Foliage-only containers

adriennemb2(z3/4)August 3, 2011

I'm new to posting here so this is actually an experiment in uploading photos. I really enjoy seeing everyone's creations! For me, my love for perennials includes the varied green foliage in the garden bed that predominates for much of the season. So much so, that the only annuals I buy each year are for my containers, hanging baskets and hayracks - none of them are flowers. The bonus is that I can overwinter many of the plants indoors, when I so choose. In these pictures, you can see the plants in May soon after planting and then again in 2 months later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maturing containers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Hi, welcome to the discussions!

Your porch looks very peaceful & inviting. That's incredible how quickly your containers have "exploded." Nice! I had to double-check if I had remembered your zone right after seeing the pics. Almost scary to think what you might do in my zone. I think you'd want to carry flares so you could send signals if you got too lost in your plants! LOL! I also love how you have some pictures on your railing. Putting pics outside is not something that would occur to me, and I don't think I've seen it before.

I made a similar post in the foliage forum, if you'd like to check it out. I totally agree with you - my focus is on foliage. I love variegated, yellow, and purple leaves. That's funny because I don't like yellow flowers.

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Need help!..white spots on my lemon seedlings!!
I recently found white spots on the leaves of my lemon...
Kavitha Raghunath
Coarse Perlite for 5:1:1
Hi all, first off is "coarse" the correct...
halocline
PVC liner OK for growing food?
A contractor friend of mine made me a planter box to...
gourdo1
Help! My kumqat is dying
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some help related...
bashchelik
Apartment composting and container gardening.
Any tips or tricks using apartment compost with your...
newgardenelf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™