Help design space between houses.
I need help planning the little gangway between my house and my neighbors. I live in a city row house, and while I adore my neighbors, our dinning rooms look directly on to each other and some privacy might be nice.
* I know NOTHING about gardening and will hire a landscaper to do the work. I just need advice on what to do and appreciate any suggestions. I am willing to spend $1 -2,000 if needed.
* I am not a fan of bamboo or anything too contemporary looking. Our house is a historic 1850s house and we want the outside to feel in place with the restored inside.
* Interior and exterior shots are below. The room with two windows is the dinning room and I want to block the view out those windows, which look into our neighbors. The shot with one window is the living room and I do NOT want to block the view out that window as I love sitting and looking out to the back yard. So, something that would sort of hug the fence or at least not block the entire pathway's sightline would be great.
* I am curious about both options for summertime and for year round greenery. And something easy to maintain and does not have a lot of debris and I won't kill easily.
* I live in Philadelphia. Zone 6.
(Excuse my sloppily posted pictures!)