Landscaping ideas and Curb Appeal

scris11June 9, 2014

The front of the house was overgrown with huge shrubs that we had taken out when we moved here and we are just now getting around to doing some outside work and landscaping.
I am needing some ideas for what to do and plant in my landscaping, I would like to include a tree.
We want to use some rocks/boulders as the border for our landscaping. They are all about 12-15 inches in length and are calcium white.
As far as the fence on the left hand side goes, at this point I don't want to do anything past the end of the house because we are going to be adding on an addition.

Thank You in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mreenrn

Schris-
MI zone 5? Me too.
I can see a rose of sharon bush between the bay window and the little one to the left. Under the bay, some miniature fragrant bushes-Miss Kim lilacs maybe- would only grow about 4' high and could be pruned to stay under the window. If fragrance isn't important, another idea would be barberry bushes. They would add color during our long winters and can be pruned into behaving under the window. The white stones would be a nice contrast to the red of the barberry. On the garage side of the porch maybe something evergreen-dwarf alberta spruce or golden tipped boxwood?
Be sure to allow for spread of each and then you still have the ability to plant annuals for a splash of color in front of the bushes each year.
Just a couple of ideas-
MM

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 1:27AM
More Discussions
Can a new wood fence be moved?
I recently purchased a house with a newly installed...
dyhgarden
What can I put here for privacy
I bought this house 18 months ago and I'm not certain...
Carlton Clay
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
need help regrading
hi, currently the mulch surrounding my home foundation...
mishyq
Wind, sun and what best fits my backyard
Hi everyone! Please ignore the grass situation, will...
Bama_Joe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™