solar flood light or solar spotlight?

gma_j(z6ID)June 9, 2010

We just had a large rock engraved with our name and a scene that we placed at the entrance to our driveway. As there is no electricity that far down, I thought about a solar light (or lights) to shine on it.

Does anyone know of a good solar flood light or spotlight that may do the trick?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter(3)

I don't know of any solar flood or spot lights available. It would take a mighty big imbedded solar panel to put out that much light. What about several of the clear white solar garden lights grouped around the stone. I have seen this on a few houses to highlight things and they are quite effective

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 9:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gma_j(z6ID)

oilpainter, I found both solar flood and spot lights on Amazon but wondering if anyone has used them to see how much light they really do put out. I really don't want a lot of illumination as we are rural, just enough to show the name and image somewhat in the dark of the evening.
I will also think about your idea of a group of lights around the stone (which I hadn't considered) as that might be a very nice effect. Thanks.

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
Layout for backyard near house - suggestions
We are wanting to improve on our backyard and create...
lyfia
Where can I find buyers for these large boulders?
Hi we are thinking to re-landscape our yard. The previous...
fggirl
adding curb appeal to our home
Hi, ** I also posted this in the tips and techniques...
aligal266
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
Help with paint colors and landscaping please!
Please help me create a home from this tiny house!...
H
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™