WANTED: Mulberry Cuttings

wildforager(5b-WI)December 17, 2012

Hello,

I'm looking for mulberry tree cuttings for grafting. I have some seedlings that I would like to graft named varieties onto. I might be interested in mulberries that are not named but have really good flavor. You can see my trade list for ideas of what I have. I will also have a wide variety of other fruit tree cuttings in the next month or so. I graft a lot of trees this time of year. Hope to hear from you!

-Little John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bradybb WA-Zone8

wildforager,
Hello again.We talked a little on the Fruit forum about Cornus mas.I do have a Wellington Mulberry that was planted last year that had put on about 4-5 feet of new growth last Summer.It needs to be cut a little.I have a couple of Russian White Mulberry plants in pots that I am going to try to graft to,but will have plenty extra.Most is pencil thickness and a bit smaller.If that can be used,then I can send some.
I also saw your want list.I have a bunch of Pawpaw seedlings grown from seed this year.There are three main varieties.Ones from the Kentucky Champion tree,which is big,others came out of two fruits from a tree in Fremont,California,the only Pawpaw I tasted,which was very good.The grower,Bill Merrill said the tree was a cross between Corwin Davis and a local San Jose grower's.The other plants I have came from a mix of seeds sent to me by Benny L.,a member on the Fruit forum,who lives in Tennessee.They are all fairly small plants,about 6-8 inches.Let me know if interested in any.Brady

This post was edited by Bradybb on Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 4:09

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 2:54AM
wildforager(5b-WI)

Brady, You don't have your email activated on your GW profile. Please contact me, I'm interested in a trade!!

Thanks, Little John

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 4:04PM
Bradybb WA-Zone8

Okay thanks,now people can send me email.My email is bradybusch@yahoo.com.Brady

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 6:37PM
TheMidnightGarden(9)

I am not sure what kind I have here, but the tree was here when we moved in. It grows great, and produces tons and tons of fruit! I have never eaten them, but the neighbourhood kids love to come eat the fruits lol

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 1:29AM
wildforager(5b-WI)

TMG, got any pictures of the tree or fruit?

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 1:18PM
TheMidnightGarden(9)

I could not find any photos of the tree its self, but I do have a photo of one of the berries :) - Sorry, it is not the best quality, as I took it while playing around with my new camera :)

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 3:19PM
caw_in_zn5

I am interested in getting some mulberry cuttings or trees that are actually female. I have a good-sized tree that I watch for fruit every year, it develops abundant structures the look like fruiting buds, but fails to flower, so I guess it must be male. I have been unable to find reliably sexed mulberry trees from commercial sources, so I'm not sure how to get any fruit from any mulberry tree I have planted. Where can I get some help on this? I have been trying for over 10 years. Cheryl

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 10:54AM
More Discussions
Have: sarracenia rhizomez
I have sarracenia and venus flytraps for trade. Looking...
ericmd01
Have: Salvia Divinorum
Have 9 salvia divinorum plants to trade. Looking for...
benjoe
HAVE: VooDoo Lily ~ S. Venosum Corms
Please reply here or email me at gaffenstein@gmail.com The...
dethcheez
Have Spring bulbs that need dividing for trade
I have yellow and purple crocus, King Alfred daffs,,...
frankielynnsie
HAVE Rooted Forsythia Cuttings For Trade
Looking for something on my trade list or tell me what...
paty99
Sponsored Products
Design House Outdoor Lighting. Mason RLM Wall Mount Outdoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Da
$41.61 | Home Depot
Clara Table Lamp in Goldenrod with Geo Earth Shade
Lamps Plus
Elk Lighting Cordova 4 Light Bath in Oiled Bronze
Beyond Stores
Alston Place Pewter Bath Fixture
$330.00 | Bellacor
Gizaun Art Deuce Coupe Inside/Outside Full Color Cedar Wall Art - DC2216
$79.00 | Hayneedle
Basket Table Lamp by Dform Design
$308.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™