WANTED: Mulberry Cuttings

wildforager(5b-WI)December 17, 2012

Hello,

I'm looking for mulberry tree cuttings for grafting. I have some seedlings that I would like to graft named varieties onto. I might be interested in mulberries that are not named but have really good flavor. You can see my trade list for ideas of what I have. I will also have a wide variety of other fruit tree cuttings in the next month or so. I graft a lot of trees this time of year. Hope to hear from you!

-Little John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bradybb(wa8)

wildforager,
Hello again.We talked a little on the Fruit forum about Cornus mas.I do have a Wellington Mulberry that was planted last year that had put on about 4-5 feet of new growth last Summer.It needs to be cut a little.I have a couple of Russian White Mulberry plants in pots that I am going to try to graft to,but will have plenty extra.Most is pencil thickness and a bit smaller.If that can be used,then I can send some.
I also saw your want list.I have a bunch of Pawpaw seedlings grown from seed this year.There are three main varieties.Ones from the Kentucky Champion tree,which is big,others came out of two fruits from a tree in Fremont,California,the only Pawpaw I tasted,which was very good.The grower,Bill Merrill said the tree was a cross between Corwin Davis and a local San Jose grower's.The other plants I have came from a mix of seeds sent to me by Benny L.,a member on the Fruit forum,who lives in Tennessee.They are all fairly small plants,about 6-8 inches.Let me know if interested in any.Brady

This post was edited by Bradybb on Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 4:09

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 2:54AM
wildforager(5b-WI)

Brady, You don't have your email activated on your GW profile. Please contact me, I'm interested in a trade!!

Thanks, Little John

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 4:04PM
Bradybb(wa8)

Okay thanks,now people can send me email.My email is bradybusch@yahoo.com.Brady

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 6:37PM
TheMidnightGarden(9)

I am not sure what kind I have here, but the tree was here when we moved in. It grows great, and produces tons and tons of fruit! I have never eaten them, but the neighbourhood kids love to come eat the fruits lol

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 1:29AM
wildforager(5b-WI)

TMG, got any pictures of the tree or fruit?

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 1:18PM
TheMidnightGarden(9)

I could not find any photos of the tree its self, but I do have a photo of one of the berries :) - Sorry, it is not the best quality, as I took it while playing around with my new camera :)

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 3:19PM
caw_in_zn5

I am interested in getting some mulberry cuttings or trees that are actually female. I have a good-sized tree that I watch for fruit every year, it develops abundant structures the look like fruiting buds, but fails to flower, so I guess it must be male. I have been unable to find reliably sexed mulberry trees from commercial sources, so I'm not sure how to get any fruit from any mulberry tree I have planted. Where can I get some help on this? I have been trying for over 10 years. Cheryl

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 10:54AM
More Discussions
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check a member's profile page, you will see...
Tamara
Have: sarracenia rhizomez
I have sarracenia and venus flytraps for trade. Looking...
ericmd01
HAVE: Have Orange Thanksgiving Cuttings
As soon as the weather warms up, I will be repotting...
debbie_ms
HAVE: Succulents
I have haworthia limifolia, blue agave (tequilana )...
jolene_2010
Wanted: Woodland fern cuttings
Looking for woodland fern, lady in red, any ferns that...
dawnkelsch13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™