white chunks in water after adding foliage pro and pro tekt

smishgibson(7b)September 17, 2013

Not sure this is the correct forum or not. Yesterday I finally got my FP and PT in the mail! I had 2 plants that were over due a watering by maybe 1 or 2 days, i had wanted to wait until this stuff came in, to try it on them.

I mixed up a batch, using water from the tap, that had been run through a PUR filter. I added the FP and PT at half strength, have it stir, and applied. I had some left, so i sat it on the counter. Before bed i went to move the watering can off the counter, and was shocked when I looked inside to see how much solution was left!!!

It looked like pieces of candle was all in the water!! has anyone seen this before, or know what may have caused it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

How did you mix the two?

On the package, it says that you must add one or the other to water first, to prevent precipitation.

Josh

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 12:03PM
smishgibson(7b)

humm, i filled up my jug, added the FP, then added the PT, then stirred. Should i add one, then stir, then add the other? My packaging says nothing about adding one then the other, i don't think. Let me go check. :)

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 12:40PM
Ohiofem(6a Ohio)

Add the ProTekt first, then fill the container with water. Finally add the foliage pro.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 3:34PM
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Indeed, I add the Pro-TeKt, fill with water at least halfway, then add the Foliage Pro as I fill the remainder of the container.

Josh

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 8:20PM
smishgibson(7b)

Thanks guys, i tried a variant of this, i put the PT in my 2 gallon can, filled it half way with water. Put the FP in my 1 gallon can, filled it all the way up with water, then poured it into the 2 gallon can, and mixed well. No precipitate at all. Must have somehow let the 2 mix with each other while un-diluted.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 11:20PM
greentoe357

It's hard for me to see what I am looking at in that picture, but yeah, do not let the concentrates touch.

Also, sounds like you are letting the fertilizer solution sit. I would not, not for more than a few hours anyway. I once left weak FP unused solution sit on the counter this past summer for a few days, and that resulted in little white spherical fuzzies floating in the water. Looked liked fertilizer did what it does best - make whatever was alive in my water grow. :-)

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 1:47AM
More Discussions
Cor-ten planters safe for growing edibles?
I'd like to grow some edibles but the best sun is in...
midwestgal67
Container gardening
My clivia, 20-30 yr old lives in a pot, maybe 15 gal....
josephene_gw
What's eating/happening to my bougainvillea?!?!?!
The leaves are being scaled and then turing brown with...
ninetyfivem3
Container garden help wanted, re: corn
I am wanting to try something new with my container...
klo12
Dealing with Water-Retentive Soils
Dealing with Water-Retentive Soilscolor>size> A...
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™